All Security Commander installations must be registered and activated via Interlogix. A 14 day trial license is active with a new installation however after this time, you will need to ensure that your software is activated.
How to register your software
1. Install Security Commander on your nominated Windows computer.
2. Before requesting an activation code for your software, please copy the License Key by following these steps:
- Go to Start Menu -> Tecom -> License Registration
- Copy the License Key (generated from SC)
3. Go to the Interlogix website at www.interlogix.com.au/registersoftware
4. Complete all of the required fields, making sure that you add the license key into the applicable field.
5. Click submit. This will generate a request to the Interlogix Customer Service team who will respond with an email and your new activation code.
How to activate your software
Once you have received your activation code:
1. Go to Start Menu -> Tecom -> License Registration
2. Re-enter the License key (Please note that generated License key changes each time the application is opened therefore you will need to ensure that the license key and activation code are correct)
3. Copy the Activation Code from the Interlogix team and enter into the Activation Code field. (Please note that Activation code is specific to the current Operating System Environment. If any changes have been made to the computer, the activation code will not work)
3. Enter the SQL database login credentials: <Login>/<Password>
When system changes are made to the computer (hardware or Windows updates), it may renew the Operating System Environment signature and cause the software license to become invalid. If this has occurred, you will need to request a new activation code (refer above steps).
If the license is not valid, the background server processes will not be able to start. Typically any errors related to Alliance8300 services failing to start are due to a failure of the product license.
To ensure that services are running smoothly, go to Services window and check if Alliance services are running.
The following license options are available for Security Commander. Please ensure you have purchased the correct license options for your site requirements.