Forcefield needs to be less that 300GB to run, therefore with hard disk these days, you can only get a minimum of 1TB. Therefore you will have to partition this down to 250-300GB for it to run. Using simple calculation youcan do this via the fdisk command in QNX. Do not use a Windows machine to do this.
- Restart node 1 with the Forcefield CD in. When the Application Loader comes up, choose option 1 : Start QNX Shell & Mount system disk.
- After mounting, type # fdisk /dev/hd0
- If this is a 500GB HDD, you will have to half the cylinders and create 2 partitions. E.g. if the end cylinder is 520000, change that to 26000.
- To do this, make sure the arrow is on the main partition and press C. Type 77 (means QNX main partition). Move the cursor to End Cylinders and change it to 26000. Press B to make that partition bootable.
- Go to the 2nd line and press C. type 78 (for partition 2), Start Cylinder = 26001 and End Cylinder = 52000.
- Save and Quit
If it is a 1TB, partition 2 (78) can be the end cylinder, as Forcefield only uses the main partition.