As PC are upgraded and replaced, you may need to move your Titan database from an older PC to a new PC.
It is important to note the version of Titan on the old PC before you begin. You will need to ensure that the Version of Titan on both PC's is the same. Databases cannot be migrated between Titan versions unless the Upgrading Titan document is followed.
If the version on the old PC is older that the installation disc your are using to install Titan on the new PC, you will need to upgrade the version of Titan on the old PC first. Refer to the Upgrading Titan document.
Ensure that the old Titan installation has upgraded successfully, and the new PC has a new copy of Titan installed on it before proceeding.
Moving the Database
The Titan database (different from an export) contains ALL data in Titan, including all systems, panels, users, history, communications settings, and Titan operators.
Note: Do NOT Export any system between different builds of Titan, only the approved method should be used for transferring a system between builds.
To move the database:
- Go to C:/Program Files/Tecom and copy the db folder from the old TITAN installation.
- Copy the 'db' folder to a USB drive, CD or network shared drive accessible by the new PC.
- Go to the new Titan PC. Go to the C:\Program Files\Tecom folder and rename the existing 'db' folder to 'db new'.
- Copy the 'db' folder from the USB drive, CD or network shared drive and paste it in C:/Program Files/Tecom in this new Titan PC.
- Go to Start > All Programs > TITAN Security System > Titan Database Update. Press start to update the database (to be suitable for new build).
You can now start Titan and log in with the same username and password you used previously on the old PC.
Note: You may need to change the communications options to suit the new PC's settings. This may include changing the "Management Software #1" IP settings on the Challenger to the new PC's IP address.